Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Disciplined by Diaz

In her new book, Body Book, Cameron Diaz shares her thoughts about health and wellness in a surprisingly frank way.  I do enjoy her straight talk on these issues, and especially appreciated her comments on the idea of self-discipline.  Isn't it so true that we often view discipline (dieting, workout routines, etc) as a source of punishment?  Read the words below, supermoms, for a different take on the notion:

 
"Discipline isn't about denying yourself; it's about giving to yourself.  It isn't about losing; it's about gaining.  Every day that I get up early...to go to the gym, even if it's difficult and I'd rather stay in bed, I think about what will will I gain from going to the gym and what will I lose if I don't.  Nine times out of 10, I will only gain by going and lose by not going.  Discipline is always a gain in the tallying of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment