Thursday, June 20, 2013

Escaping the Lure

I've been completely submerged in a new project at work.  My day's are so intense and loaded with pressure.  I can feel the pull of my snack drawer, calling me to dig into that spare box of crackers.  It is hard to resist the lure of the comfort of food to ease some of the stress of the day.  But, one thing I've learned over my journey to be healthy is that medicating with food only feels good for a few minutes but leaves me feeling guilty for much longer.

So, I focus on drinking my water and turning on some good background music to get me through those tougher moments.  I fuel my system with healthy meals and snacks and spoil myself with as much sleep as I can get.  These are ways to help yourself through stressful times not shoving salty or sugary carb-bombs down your throat.  Before reaching for your snack drawer, take a moment to think about whether that choice will really make it all better.  I think not, supermoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment