Monday, December 10, 2012

Today I...

...had to sit back and take a deep breath and let motherhood just wreak havoc!  First, it was the baby getting a nasty stomach bug, then a water pipe bursting in the basement, followed by a trip to take an even sicker baby to the ER and then, finally, a short workday to rescue our preschool from my "strong-willed" child, who had been kicked out for the day.  Off to Ohio a day later for a quick visit with the in-laws, which really was fine, except for the head cold I picked up that left most meals tasteless from the congestion and my eyes so bloodshot and watery that I looked like I was recovering from last-night's rager most of the trip.  All the while, work has been piling up, and I'm already behind.  With all the hoopla, my new workout routine has barely had a chance to get off the ground, despite the fact that there seems to be no Christmas cookie out there that I can pass up.  I could just cry!  Actually, I think I have...

Sound familiar?  See, we're really not so different, supermoms.  There are more ties that bind us, as moms.  I think for us supermoms is that it's about getting back up and dusting off our capes, when motherhood tears us a new one, instead of remaining downtrodden.  It's about just hanging on sometimes and just rolling with it at others.  It's about realizing that all we can do is our best, eventhough that "best" may not look like what we were hoping for or even going for.  It's accepting that it's good enough that we tried our best, supermoms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment