Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Topping Off the Tank

Nope, supermoms, you cannot give what you do not have.  If your self-love and self-respect accounts aren't full, how can you fully love and respect others?  To me, that's part of being a supermom...making choices to help fill up those accounts of ours, so that we are better prepared to give our best to others.  I think that the most effective way to fill yourself up is looking within yourself, instead of looking to others to do it for you...they may not have the capacity to, but you do.  It may make you uncomfortable to put yourself under a microscope and ask "what can I do to make myself better".  Sometimes, we don't like to face ourselves, which is why I think we lean on family and friends to define our identities or hide behind our roles and responsibilities.  But, if you're brave enough to be introspective and honest with yourself...to make an investment in yourself...I think the rewards will surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment