Monday, August 13, 2012

Today I...

...had my newly downloaded copy of the Rock of Ages soundtrack on constant rotation!  I was having one of "those" mornings, and with it being Monday on top of that, my mood was less than stellar.  I was having trouble getting to the happy place in my soul and needed a little push...just the right thing to bring me back from the dark side, because I didn't want my bad mood to carry through the whole day.  I mean, life is good, right?  For this supermom, a huge lover of all things 80s-hairband, this soundtrack flooded my head with memories of favorite videos and scenes from the movie...my heart swelled and my cape...er, I mean, spirit!...soared, saving me from a day of being bitter, impatient, and unmotivated.  I know that sometimes it's as simple as making the choice to be happy, but I swear, there are just those certain times where it REALLY helps to have some outside help!  What helps you get through your rough patches?

No comments:

Post a Comment