Friday, October 1, 2010

QuickByte Fridays--Foodie Mommie's Roasted Garbanzo Beans

Hello, my lovelies! Okay, so I guess I really slacked off this week, since I missed my mid-week post and am still piggybacking off other bloggers for today's post. What can I say? In my other life, I am implementing a new system that will help our office go more paperless and be more e-flexible in how we do business. Yes, trees everywhere just breathed a deep sigh of relief! Anyway, it has been keeping me majorly distracted, to say the least.

I'm not really into beans. I don't like their texture too much or their taste. I can handle them in small quantities, but I think they detract from the meal, if there's too many. That being said, they are very good for you. When I saw the Foodie Mommie's recipe for Roasted Garbanzo Beans, which I otherwise can't stand in any other form than as hummus, I told myself that this was a chance to give them another whirl, since I do want do add more beans to our diet.

The recipe can't get much easier than this! I was nervous, but they were tasty little treats that lasted not very long at all, in our home of bean-haters. It was nice to have a nibble to set out that was healthy, had a nice flavor but was not blatantly sweet or salty. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for the feature! These are one of my favorite snacks!

    ReplyDelete