Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Killing Us Softly

I heard a commercial, on the radio, for yet another one of those quick-fix weightloss programs. Having basically tuned it out, my brain drifting off to another topic..probably my To Do list for the day..I was instantly dialed back into the commercial, when I heard this, "finally, a diet that won't kill you!" Kill you? A diet? There are a lot of things that diets are (challenging, disheartening, life-changing, etc.), but I didn't think they were something that could kill you, restrictive or not. I thought it was those few extra pounds or so that we hide under baggy shirts, stuff into fitted bodyshapers, or ignore all together, in complete denial, that were the problem? With over 30% of women in this country qualifying for their very own costly membership in the obesity club, I thought it had become more than obvious what would be killing us...

1 comment:

  1. Yea, commercials are getting a little ridiculous these days. Anything to sell you- you'll starve to death!! A lot of people could use a little dose of light, friendly "starving" :)

    ReplyDelete