Monday, August 30, 2010

JC--My Fitness Journey...So Far

Through Project Supermom, I have been able to meet other women, whose journey's into motherhood and the ensuing ups-and-downs associated with that role are easily relateable...the inspiring moments that make us all shine...the relief in knowing we aren't alone in our struggles to figure this out. It is in the sharing of our stories that we find the ties that bind us together. Supermom Jenn (JC), from Loving the Burn at http://lovingtheburn.blogspot.com, tells hers:

I’ve always been active my whole life. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the adrenaline rush of playing different types of sports. I was a very active runner, running 10K 6 times a week when I was in high school. When I turned 17, I was hit by a car while I was walking to work, which changed my life for a really long time.

Because of the accident, I gave up working out and was very inactive but never gained any weight, so I didn’t worry about it. When I was 22, I decided to go back to school and moved out and lived with 5 other girls. That is where the weight was put on. I didn’t think about the food I was eating, and I was drinking quite a bit, my relationship with my boyfriend was going downhill, and that is why I was partying even more, which made me gain even more weight.

Once that relationship was over, a few months later I slowly started going to the gym and trying to work out. My focus was never there, so of course, no results were shown in that attempt.

A couple of years later, I ended up getting engaged to my best friend from high school. I tried working out a year before the wedding, but again focus was not there, so I ended up losing a few pounds but not exactly the body I wanted for my wedding. After our wedding, we started to live very lazy lives, and then I ended up pregnant with our first child. I gave birth in September 2009 at 35 weeks and was so happy she was healthy and a good size.

In April 2010, I was watching The Biggest Loser and saw Koli, who looked exactly like my older brother, and that’s what made me change. My older brother was gaining all the weight back that he lost, because of stress from his job, and it was starting to happen to me. I lost all the baby weight, but I was not happy, I didn’t think I was healthy, so I did something about it.

I ended up joining Booty Camp Fitness and they changed my life. I ended up getting my life back from sitting on a couch on a daily basis. I started to really enjoy fitness, and now I’m working toward a 10K race in the spring of 2011. I have ditched the scale and, really, I am just focusing on my health, happiness and finding balance of being a mother, wife, and independent woman.

Please follow my daily journey at http://lovingtheburn.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. What a terrific story! Love the Inspiration! Keep writing and adding great stories to your wonderful blog! ~ Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! This is such an inspiring story!

    I'm working on being more healthy too...its a struggle for me. I need to put my nose to the grindstone though and just do it...I eat a lot of crap foods and it doesn't help that my husband can put back 4 ding dongs and not gain a pound. Even though I don't have a weight issue I know I'm unhealthy and just I feel it. I feel yucky sometimes and I know its my own fault.


    Thanks for the twitter follow and friending my on Bloggy Moms!

    Heather from Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing it.
    Mostly people use the bathroom scales in order to keep track of their body weight and this way they are able to control it perfectly

    Bathroom Scales

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so glad to hear her story and to pass it along. We are all in this together and have had our struggles, as well as triumphs! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete