Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Body Amazing

I know we love to spend a lot of time admiring our bodies with disdain...it's "flaws"...wishing it would look different...be different. But, when was the last time you took a moment to consider just what an awesome thing it is? This body runs like a well-oiled machine, and I can feel that energy flowing throughout my system. From this energy comes a power and strength that I never thought possible, from myself...it sees me through the physical demands I place on my body. It gets me where I need to go, even in those moments I don't think it can. My body has grown and nurtured a baby, maybe the most important task I have ever asked of it...and the most strenuous.

While I don't give it a lot of credit, most of the time, this body is AMAZING! It is capable of so much more than my mind thinks it can do. So, today, I will fuel it well, I will get it moving, I will let it rest...and I will take a moment to look down, quiet the scoffing, and appreciate what a wonderful thing my body is!

No comments:

Post a Comment