Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Can't, I Won't, so...I Don't

Now that you're considering putting some effort into a very worthwhile cause...yourself (gee, there's a concept)...let's lay-out some hesitations that may have cropped up already, at just the THOUGHT of making a change:
  • I don't have enough time to change my habits

  • My family won't change their habits

  • I'll change my habits later

  • I don't care about being skinny (hello?!!...not what I'm getting at here!!)

  • It'll be embarrassing

  • What if I look dumb?

  • I can't...

Don't be fooled! These are simply excuses...excuses to hide underlying fear, lack of motivation, disorganization, and denial...maybe even some self-loathing? Well, enough! I'm not here to coddle you or acknowledge your excuses, by offering a soft place to whine and complain about "not being able" to get in gear. I don't want to hear it, my dear! Being a pouty princess will not get you closer to making life changes...it does not help you to play into being a victim.

So, yes, sometimes we all have to work a little harder or make the harder decision or do things we may not want to do. C'est la vie. Now, let's move on to the business of bettering ourselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment