Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And There It Was...

...just like that...124.2! I FINALLY hit my goal weight!...no, not hit it, but blew right past that elusive 125!!

Through my tears, I calculated that I am now over 25 pounds lighter than on my wedding day. I have lost almost 50 pounds, from the day I gave birth to my son....50 pounds! I weigh less than I have for as long as I can remember. After all the denial, the excuses, the not caring, the sheer laziness, I have done it! Those were big obstacles to overcome, but the even more powerful lesson was that I can set goals, have dreams, make a plan, go after them, and ACHIEVE them! It was as simple as just doing it...doing it most of the time...needing just me, the most powerful tool I have!

124.2 is not just a number on the scale. It represents another piece of the true me that I have FINALLY given the wings to to come forward...to be. Now, more tears are falling, as I am filled with the sheer joy of just how good it feels to be this girl!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You're right, it's not just a number. It's so thrilling when we honour our vision, our dreams, for we're really honouring ourselves. Your blog is a true joy, and right up my alley! For the past few years, I've been on a journey of self-discovery, taking baby steps toward being my authentic self. It's true that we each must face the denial, excuses, laziness, and fear within us before we can blow right past our goals! Thanks for sharing your triumphs with us. :)

    Maureen.
    http://whatfellfromthesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome! Congratulations on this accomplishment! I'm very happy for you. Determination is an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You Go GIRL!! Congratulations :)Well Deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I just found you on Twittermoms...I'll have fun looking through the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WAY TO GO KERI!!!!! I weigh 70 pounds heavier now than I did before having my two kids. And yes I'm busy with a 3 year old, 11 month old and a home business...but I really do need to make the time for me and get back in shape. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete