Friday, January 29, 2010

Defining Project Supermom

By supermom, I do NOT mean some uber-Mom that complies with all of societies ideas of what moms and women should be. I'm not talking about shooting for being the perfect Stepford wife. I will focus a lot on nutrition and exercise, because I do believe they are crucial stepping stones on your journey...providing you with energy to face the day, an outlet for stress, a way for creative release, and ways to protect yourself against getting sick or developing physical ailments!...does it hurt that you might see a drop in your dress size? I sure don't think it does!

What I'm talking about is each of us taking a little time to make ourselves a priority. Yes, I am a good mother to my son. Yes, I work on being a good wife. Yes, my family is important, and I do enjoy the family things we do. But what about me? Am I taking care of myself? Am I doing what I need to be doing to take care of my body? What makes me happy...what feeds my soul? Family is a big part of that, but what else? For each of us, the answers to those questions are going to be totally different and probably ever-changing...full of things that we have to do to take care of ourselves and full of things that we want to do for ourselves...things we like to do for ourselves and things that we may not like to do for ourselves but need to.

So, Project Supermom is all about encouraging that ongoing growth and learning process. This is about becoming your best self...how you define that is up to you. This is about pulling ourselves together and taking those steps to do what we need to become Supermom...even if some of those things are hard and may make us face things we don't want to think about or haven't had time to make a priority. It is up to you to make the effort for yourself...you are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment